Thursday, September 29, 2016

Poem #12


1994-1998

sometimes I think
about the movies we
were all obsessed with
when I was in college

pulp fiction
trainspotting
natural born killers
which I saw with a boy

on what would turn out to be one of the only random dates with a random person
I would ever go on in my young life though of course being me I didn’t quite realize
that it was a date at the time but regardless when he got us to the movie twenty
five minutes late that categorically guaranteed we would never hang out again

guy ritchie robert rodriguez
naturally tarantino even our
cohen brothers were the extra
violent cohen bothers of fargo

what was with us?
what was our deal?
where the heck were
we coming from man?

I don’t presume to know but
even now you can get a smile
out of any forty-year-old if you
just mention Royale with Cheese


No comments:

Post a Comment