Monday, August 22, 2016

Scooting #2


The way I tell if I've already used a particular instant photo on this site before is by file name: I name the digital photos with the same name I wrote it pen along their bottom edges when I took them, that way, when I go to save a new one (off the blog of my father who very kindly scans them all in for me like an absolute dear) into the folder where they all live, the computer very kindly tells me if I already have an image with that same name saved. Usually means I've already loved and saved and posted that same photo and forgotten that I did so. But now and then it means I took two different photos, probably years apart, and named them the same thing. This is one such pair. Big girl Mabel on her big girl scooter at the age of five-and-a-half, above; and tiny girl Mabel on her little baby scooter at the age of three, below. O the Passage of Time!! Perhaps the funniest thing of all is that she's wearing the same helmet in both photos (it's very adjustable), offering a vivid demonstration of the fact that her head about doubled in size in a two and a half year period of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment