Thursday, August 27, 2015

The Long-Running Poetry Series About the Summer of 2006 Continues Here Today



June 30, 2006
The last few days I’ve been enjoying

listening to specific songs
rather than just shuffling all the time
like I usually do

music I actually bought and downloaded
which makes me feel very high tech

Just in Time sung by Nina Simone
Life on Mars by David Bowie
Both Sides Now by Joanie Mitchell
La Vie en Rose as performed by Louis Armstrong
America by Simon and Garfunkle
And the entire record by the Postal Service

And about that last one I have a question
Does
I was the one worth leaving
mean
I was the one who deserved to be left
or
I was the one worthy of doing the leaving
?

It kind of works either way
though I tend to suspect it’s the former
Funny because I believe I’d think the opposite
if it were sung by a woman


No comments:

Post a Comment